Results – Retrieving Trial 23 September 2018
Intermediate – Judge Wayne Phelps
1. Andrew Yeomans & Archie (Golden Ret) – 173 pts
2. Sam Heyes & Scout (Labrador Ret) – 156 pts
3. Shane Emond & Slim (Labrador Ret) – 155 pts
4. Phillip Coish & Bella (Labrador Ret) – 150 pts
Advanced – Judge Byron Kendall
1. Steve Luck & Meg (GSP) – 118 pts
2. Fred Briffa & Zuzu (GSP) – 114 pts
3. Phillip Coish & Bella (Labrador Ret) – 80.5 pts
A cool, blustery day greeted handlers, spectators and judges for the WGAA trial held on the Lodden River near Serpentine on Sunday 23rd of September.
Two stakes were run – an Intermediate and Advanced, and the Judges Wayne Phelps and Byron Kendall, both knowledgeable in the ways of game birds, set challenging runs
that were both interesting and surprising. Long time hunters, Wayne and Byron always have the knack of creating runs that demand experience and intelligence
from competitors – the team of dog and handler that gets it right makes it look easy.
Congratulations to all for making the day another great success, and especially to the caterers. Quail soup, beef, venison, chicken schnitzel ... unbelievable!